- 3/4 - 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks about 1 1/2 inches
- 2 potatoes, peeled, chopped into chunks
- red onion + garlic + ginger (to be ground or blended)
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, optional
- 1 cup coconut milk (tambah air kalau dah lebih kuah/cair)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black or white pepper, to taste
- Ground coriander, optional
Preparation:Heat a wok or deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the heated wok. When the oil is hot, add the ground paste. Stir-fry until translucent. Add the curry paste and stir-fry until fragrant. (If using curry powder instead, add a small amount of water to form a paste).
Add the chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes so that the chicken is browned and coated with the curry paste.
Add coconut milk.
Add the potatoes. Stir for a minute and add the sugar, salt, and pepper.
Cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 - 20 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked.