Ingredients: serves 2
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons butter (about 25g)
- 80g or 3oz Dark Chocolate (80% cocoa)
- 2 tablespoons castor/superfine sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Plain Flour (about 30ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon icing sugar or chocolate syrup for topping (optional)
- Over a low heat, add butter and chocolate and melt until smooth, stirring often; or use double boiler if you are a slow baker like me.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well until combined.
- Add Flour and gently whisk in until combined.
- Remove from heat and pour into greased 10cm ramekins, place in a preheated oven at 220c/400f for 9 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes. Remove carefully by turning upside down to serve.