8 medium egg yolks
2oz fine sugar
2oz Pandan /Screwpine Leaves Juice ( Made from blending 6 Screwpine leaves with 2 – 3 oz water)
3oz corn oil or olive oil
5oz self raising flour
- Beat egg yolk and sugar lightly with a hand whisk till sugar dissolve.
- Stir in pandan juice and corn oil.
- Fold self raising flour into egg mixture.
- Set aside.
8 egg whites
5 oz fine sugar
pinch of salt
- Beat egg whites till frothy. Slowly add in sugar and pinch of salt while beating at high speed.
- Beat until the egg white is stiff and shining but not dry. ( About 3 minutes)
- Preheat oven at 175 degrees Celsius.
- Use a spatula and gently fold egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture(meringue).
- Pour into an ungreased 25cm tube pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once cake is cooked, remove cake from oven immediately and invert pan onto wire rack. Let it cool before removing cake from pan.