- 600 gm mixed fruit or (300 gm raisins + 1 tablesppon sugar)
- 700 ml chocolate milk/strong coffee (can add in brandy)
- 2 cups self raising flour
- Soak the mixed fruit in the chocolate milk overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Line the bottom and sides of 25cm square tin with baking paper.
- Sift the flour into the soaked fruit one cup at a time and mix in well after each addition. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and cook for 1½ to 2 hours. After 1½ hours you can check to see whether it is cooked.
- Leave the cake in the tin until cooled and ready to serve.
I only use half of everything.
2nd trial May 2015.