- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups (295 ml) canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200 grams) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups (300 grams) grated peeled carrots (5 to 6 medium carrots)
- 1 cup (100 grams) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) raisins
- 8 ounces (225 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (140 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy cream
the oven to 350º F. Grease cake pans and line the
bottom with parchment paper then grease the top of the paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and the cinnamon
until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, sugars and
vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
Switch to a large rubber spatula. Scrape the sides and bottom of the
bowl then add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, stirring gently until they
disappear and the batter is smooth. Stir in the carrots, nuts and
- Bake until the tops of the
cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into
the center of the cake comes out clean; 35 to 45 minutes.
Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks, peel off parchment paper and cool completely.