|-||2 pounds fresh pumpkin|
|-||1 large onion, diced|
|-||3 cloves garlic, minced|
|-||1 carrot, diced|
|-||2 tablespoons butter|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|-||4 cups chicken or vegetable broth|
|-||1 cup cream or milk|
- Peel, seed, and cube pumpkin into 1" cubes.
- In sauce pan, melt butter. Add onion, carrot, pumpkin, and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes or until onion softens. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Partially cover and cook approximately 40 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Pureé the soup in a blender or food processor.
- *Keep some in the freezer if you like to.
- Return mixture to pan and reheat on low.
- Stir in cream and continue to heat on low for an additional 1 minute. Garnish with chives.
- so easy, so tasty.