- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablesp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tablesp granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablesp milk
- 2 tablesp vegetable oil
- 1 tablesp hazelnut chocolate spread
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. Mine was a 14-ounce mug. You want enough head space for the cake to rise without pouring over.
- Add 1 tbsp. of hazelnut chocolate spread in the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down and sink it in the batter.
- Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high (PLEASE READ NOTES).
- Carefully remove from microwave and enjoy.
Notes:Please note that all microwaves are different therefore can yield different results and can overcook this mug cake if you aren't careful. I am using 950 watts and cooked mine on 100% power for 70 seconds.